Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY - Girly Nightgown

Here's a little something I made in a day (or two evenings).  I've used this Simplicity pattern (8480) before, but I was happy with the little changes I made.

We started with this funky snuggle flannel that my daughter chose.


I thought I bought enough for the entire nightgown, but I always forget that a certain national fabric store that shall remain nameless sells fabrics that are not fully 45" wide {grumble}.  As a result, I needed to use a solid fuchsia fabric for the yolk and sleeves.  I found a little lace and made some coordinating hearts that I appliquéd onto the yolk.


The back is only two pieces, so I used the funky fabric.  My girl is short for the size she wears, but she wanted the nightgown very long.  I thought a 2" hem would bring it well off the floor, but just barely.


I also hate hemming, so I used a decorative lattice machine stitch on the hem (sorry I didn't take a picture).  I'm pretty happy about the whole project - quick with a few little twists.

cindy

2 comments:

  1. It's so cute! I think I would be glad you didn't have quite enough because I love that hot pink at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. I really like it that way too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.