Monday, January 23, 2012

DIY -Crepe Paper Roses


This is a great craft for a Valentine's Day decoration.  I was able to recycle materials I already had in the house.  I like the idea of using what I already have.  It's one of the ways I'm trying to be frugal, which is my New Year's Resolution.  I used some old styrofoam ornaments that I used for a holiday candle craft.




Because these balls are small, I had to put them together to make the larger ball.  I used toothpicks and then reinforced them with glue.


I then used some pink crepe paper I had leftover from this candle project.


Cut (or tear) a strip about 24" long and take one end in your hand, pinching it between your fingers.


Begin winding the crepe paper, continuing to pinch one side.  Wind the entire strip, forming a rose.


Use a little glue to attach the end of the strip to the rest of the flower.  Hot glue guns are the best.  Use the hot glue gun to attach the flower to the balls


Continue gluing the flowers onto the ball, covering all of it.  You can also glue the ends of some ribbon onto the ball, making a loop for hanging.


I'm embarrassed to say I ran out of crepe paper before finishing.  (You will need several packages for this project.)  Because I didn't want this to end up as an other incomplete craft, I'm showing it here.  These could have a number of uses, including hanging or placing it in a bowl.  It could also be used as a flower ball in a wedding for your flower girl or even as a bouquet if you cover the base.  They are so pretty!

cindy

1 comment:

  1. I had similar bouquets for my wedding too, I love the look of a big ball of flowers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.