Friday, January 20, 2012

Fit Friday - Crossing the Gorge

It's been a very busy week and I'm sad to say there has been no exercising going on here.  I started round two of the HcG diet on Monday.  The protocol requires that the first two days of the diet you take the HcG shot but you have to GORGE yourself.  That's right, eat as much as you can for two days.  Sounds like a dream, but is a bit gross and exhausting.  So here's lunch on Tuesday:


Boy, that was good, but I hope to never consume that much food in one sitting ever again!  As a contrast, starting Wednesday through the next three weeks I will be eating 500 calories a day.  On Wednesday for lunch, I ate raw spinach with a little bit of balsamic dressing, 100 grams of skinless chicken and an apple.  I wanted a picture, but probably consumed it so fast I couldn't.  I've lost 5 pounds in 2 days.  The results are great, but this is a down and dirty diet not for the faint-hearted.

I plan on doing some limited exercise during the next 3 weeks and finish the 500 calorie thing on my birthday in three weeks.

Wish me luck!

cindy

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, Five Guys. Looks really good! :-) I'm not sure I understand the diet exactly, I must've missed the details of it? What does the shot do? 500 calories a day, that takes some serious willpower, wishing you lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shots are the hormone HcG which is the same hormone women produce when they're pregnant. The idea is that HcG makes your body burn fat, especially in problem areas. So even though you're consuming 500 calories a day, the HcG is helping your body burn away the fat without reducing muscle mass. That's the theory. I'm not sure I buy it, but I will say you can lose 1/2 to 1 lb per day, so the weight comes off quick. At the end for 6 weeks you have to stay at the same weight (plus or minus 2 lbs) so your metabolism resets your "set point". It does take lots of work, but it does pay off.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.