Friday, January 27, 2012

Fit Friday - The Clothes Connection


This week I finished my first week (second round) of HcG shots and 500 calories a day.  Just like in the first round, I experienced a precipitous drop in weight (which I know won’t be sustainable over the next 2 weeks).  I’m getting closer to a weight I haven’t seen in over 16 years.  Other than the obvious health benefits, the most exciting part of this has been the clothes.

I haven’t purchased any new clothes yet, but I am rediscovering clothes I have been storing (waiting for “some day”), as well as a few items I purchased a while back that never did fit or were too tight to wear in public.  This has been so much fun, especially because there are some items I don’t remember.  It’s like shopping in your own closet.  There are some things that are out of date, like that bright raspberry colored suit with long pleats, so those are going.  I’m also fortunate that my sister has also been doing HcG and has passed on a lot of her clothes, especially the casual clothes I will need on our upcoming trip to Hawaii. 

Now comes the confusing (but happy) problem:  when do you buy new clothes?  I’m pretty much at a point that my work clothes are starting to look silly because they are so big.  However, I still want to lose about 20 pounds more, so I don’t want to spend a lot of money on things that will be too big in a month or two.  For now, I’m going to try to stick it out with what I have as long as I possibly can.

Clothes can be such a great motivator, both to lose weight and to see where you've been.  I don't want to be someone who has clothes in 5 sizes, but I may keep a couple of things just to see where I've been (and hopefully to take that picture where you hold out your "fat jeans" out in front of you :)  I'm keeping in mind that they're not the only reason to lose weight, but it is the immediate gratification.

On the exercise front, there’s not much going on and that needs to change before I’m on stabilization in two weeks.  Maybe I need to visit that gym place . . .

Happy days!

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.