Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chocolate Pistachio Rag Quilt

I took a break for Easter, but I made it back.  Here is my newest rag quilt.  I call it Chocolate Pistachio.


It's a square baby blanket - about 36" square.  I love the colors in green and brown with a little blue mixed in.  The fabric is flannel with a brown minky on the reverse side.  For the X on the squares I used a leaf decorative stitch, which looks really good on the minky.  I tried to use a contrasting color, but it just doesn't show up on the dark minky.  For the combination of minky and flannel I don't use a middle fabric layer, but if you want the blanket extra warm, you should.


I've struggled a little with keeping the squares lined up using a straight stitch.  On this quilt I changed to a zigzag to sew the squares together.  Much better!

I've been working on a number of projects I will be showing soon.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.