Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Craft Room Musings

I've been thinking about it a long time.  I've had my eye on our den, picturing what it would look like if I moved most of the furniture out and converted it to a craft room.  A couple of weeks ago, I came home on a Friday and found that my wonderful husband moved the furniture!  Wow - now I actually had to think about this.  Here's the before pictures when the furniture was there:



Yep, that's my husband's beer can collection on those shelves high up.  Here's what it looked like after the furniture (but not all the junk) was removed:


Now I actually have to figure out what I'm going to do!  I've been working at it for a couple weeks now and I think I will get it usable within the week.  However, I really want to paint and make curtains and decorate :(  It's just going to have to wait.  I'm trying to be thrifty, so I've had a couple of ideas I'll be sharing here soon.

My big score so far has been a 6 foot table from a Blockbuster store that is closing.  It has a durable plastic top and it only cost me -

wait for it

$30!!

Unfortunately, I have to wait another week or so until the store actually closes.  Hopefully by then I will have some pictures to show of my usefully organized (but probably not pretty) craft room.  I'll leave you with the rooms I can only see on Pinterest:


  cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.