Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Louisville

This week Kentster and I are in Louisville, Kentucky for the National Pastoral Musicians Conference.  Yep, I took a week off work for a "romantic getaway." :)  It's been a nice trip so far and the kids are having a great time with their aunts in southern Illinois.  

Louisville is a very nice city - it reminds me of St. Louis where I grew up.  Hot, humid and has a river separating it from the next state.

The conference is interesting too.  For those of you who don't know (and I doubt very many people do), the Roman Catholic Church in English-speaking countries is implementing a new Roman Missal on the first Sunday of Advent this year.  (WHAT?!?)  That probably sounded like gobblygook to most people.  What it means is that the words to many of the prayers used in the American Catholic church for over 40 years have been retranslated (changed).  What that means for music directors like Kentster is that they are all looking scrambling desperately seeking the perfect new musical setting for the mass.  It's made for a fascinating conference this year.

See the Louisville Slugger in his mouth??  
We've also had some fun here in Louisville.  We had a great dinner last night at Joe's Crab Shack:
Me after a few drinks
We also worshipped at a beautiful Taize prayer service:


Today was the "goodie" day where the publishers give out music samples at listening (and sight reading) sessions.  That's fun.  I'm also sure the liturgy tomorrow will be inspiring.  I'm also enjoying the fact that it doesn't get dark here until after 9:00 p.m.:

Best of all, I get to spend an entire week with the love of my life, my very best friend, my wonderful husband.  God, husband, family - it looks like I have my priorities in order this week.

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.