Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DIY - Scrappy Flowers

I hate waste.  I love bright, bold colors.  That pretty much sums up this crochet throw.  I haven't worked much with flowers/circles, but I wanted to give it a try.

I loved everything about making this blanket.  Everytime I picked out another yarn, I thought of the original project for which it was used.  Combining the colors without the constraints of a pattern was a bit liberating for me.  (I'm a bit of a Garanimals person, needing "matching" colors.)  It was also easy to do a little at a time because you make each "flower" separately and piece them together at the end.
It makes me so happy to use up leftover yarn and make something bright and cheery in the process!  Isn't that why we love making things?  Creating beautiful things, especially from ordinary things, brings me joy.  
Hope you have some joy creating today!
cindy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.