Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Colonial Day Redux

A couple of years ago I wrote a post about making a Colonial Day costume for my son.  I was very proud of what I was able to do in two hours working with Goodwill items.  This has also been one of my most popular posts.  Evidently I'm not the only mom who needed to make a Colonial Day costume for a boy, mostly at the last minute.



This year it was time for my daughter to do Colonial Day.  I thought about being a good sewer and making a beautiful dress, but naahh.  She wanted a store bought costume.  I was skeptical at the type of costume we could get in the spring, but we went to Easley"s Costumes in Phoenix and found this:


Isn't that just the cutest?  I really thought we wouldn't be able to afford buying a costume and considered renting one.  However, it was just the opposite!  This beauty was only $25!

So, where's the crafty, clever information you were searching for?  It's not very crafty, but sometimes the most clever thing to do is to look for costumes in the most obvious places!  Costume stores are also obvious places to look for Halloween, and much better quality and selection than department stores.

Happy Colonial Day!

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.