Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Try It Tuesday - Overnight Oatmeal

Here's another one of those recipes you see on Facebook.  This one looked so yummy, there was no way to resist.  It doesn't hurt that I love oatmeal and don't get to eat it much.  And if that isn't enough - it's in the crockpot so there is no work!!  'Nuf said - here we go.

Place in your crockpot (in this order):

2 sliced apples (I used a sweet apple like a Gala or Honey Crisp)


1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 c. of oatmeal
2 c. milk
2 c. water


DO NOT STIR!

Cook overnight, about 8 hours on low heat.  (My old crockpot runs really hot, so I only did it about 5 hours).

In the morning, give it a good stir and add a little more milk if needed.  This stuff was awesome and I'm keeping this recipe!


cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.