Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

A friend of mine who was in the Air Force always responded the same way on Memorial Day whenever someone thanked him for his service:  "It's not my day.  My day is Veteran's Day.  Memorial Day is for those who made the ultimate sacrifice."  That was years ago and it has always stuck with me.

Last week in Phoenix City Hall, I saw those men and women from Arizona who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Untitled

We've seen the news and heard the numbers.  We found out what city they were from and who they left behind.  This exhibit was more - we saw faces.  We saw personal photographs and little sticky notes from friends and family.  It was personal.


These are the heroes.  These are the people we remember today.  God bless them.


cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.