Thursday, May 16, 2013

Blog Silence

There's been a lot of intermittent cricket sounds here at "Straddling the Gap."  I guess you could say I'm having some "blogger's block."  As I approach the second anniversary of this blog in June, I'm floundering around for focus.

I think it started during Lent when I gave up blogging for forty days.  I thought it was going to be so difficult and at first, it was.  However, by Easter I was enjoying a bit of freedom of not having to think about what I should write about next.  It's too bad, because right before Lent I think I was somewhat on a roll.

Then came Bloggy Boot Camp right after Easter.  It was intimidating, and very obvious to me that the other bloggers there had a more business perspective for their blogs.  I wasn't sure I was ready to go there.  In hindsight, I don't think I ever want to go there.  I have a career and I don't want this to be work.  Unfortunately, there was so much information overload, I think it really clogged up my writing.  Don't get me wrong - there were so many good ideas and wonderful people, it was interesting content at an inopportune time.

One thing I heard several times at BBC was the importance of planning posts.  I think that would be very helpful for me, especially if I could find a general theme for each day.  At the same time, I don't want this to be a cookie cutter format.  I don't want to be looking over my shoulder for the craft/recipe/Pinterest/Etsy/mommy blog that has already covered the topic.

So if you hear crickets (if a cricket is chirping in the forest and no one hears it, did it chirp?) for a little while, don't be surprised.  I'll get my act together and forge ahead.

Stay tuned.

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.