Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dress Making Madness

I'm in a dress making mood.  I made one for Mackenzie because she's been asking for something "stretchy" for casual wear.


I love the fact that I was able to "play" with the pattern and the embellishments.  Mackenzie loves it:


It was that ability to "play" that got me going.  I bought a book Absolutely A-Line by Wendi Gratz that has 26 variations on a basic A-line dress.  A-line dresses are my all time favorites - easy to make and easy to wear.  I gave it a try:


Here's another one with a ruffle


I tried a pillowcase dress:


And, I found a cute ladies white gauze skirt at Goodwill that I turned into a little girl dress.  I'm especially happy with this one.  It's not quite done - see the pins?


These are all going in the new Etsy store (Pretty Pretty Cindy).  I'm having a great time breaking into my large fabric stash.  Now can you see why I haven't posted much lately?

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.