Sunday, December 11, 2011

Scrapbook Sunday

After spending time recently at the Phoenix Scrapbook Cottage, I realized how much I missed scrapbooking.  I tried to chronicle my kids, but am only up to the summer of 2003 (my daughter was born in 2003).  I have a lot to do.  I thought I would start Scrapbook Sundays as a way to inspire myself by looking at one layout I've done in the past.

For this first Scrapbook Sunday, I went back to 2001 right when I started scrapbooking.  My sister got me started with Making Memories materials.  I have always worked in 12x12, but in those days I worked directly on the white page.


Back then I liked to cut pictures in circles and ovals.  I like the side borders and use of a stencil to create an area to journal.  The little tiny marks on the page were put there by me.  I don't remember knowing about patterned paper then.



The stickers were big for me then too.



This is from my son's baby scrapbook and the idea was to show him what our life was like when he arrived.  Although I wouldn't want to show all the pages, I'm still pretty happy with some pages, both for content and appearance.


 
cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.