I was clearing out some yarn and made this. I really like it. It makes me happy when I look at it.
It was so easy to make. Just gather up a bunch of leftover yarn in similar colors. I used regular worsted weight, bulky novelty yarn, fun fur yarn and bouncle yarn. I combined them three strands at a time and just used single crochet.
Whenever I was tired of a particular yarn, I cut it and tied on a new one. I didn't always wait until the end of the row and I didn't change out each of the three strands at the same time. That kept the pattern fun and random. The hardest part was the most basic problem of making an afghan - counting, counting, counting. There were several times when I had to rip out rows of stitches because I miscounted and saw that telltale wavy side - yuck.
The specifics on this - chain 61 and 60 stitches per row. It's 33" x 45" - kind of the size of a lap blanket. This was really freeform, so I didn't make it to a certain size specification. I'm going to be raffling this blanket as part of a raffle basket to benefit Pueri Cantores St. Bernard of Clairvaux youth choirs later this fall and I'll let everyone know when that is happening just in case you want to buy a raffle ticket. Maybe it will be part of a "girly-girl" basket.