Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Adventures - Part 5 Stabilization

The last time I posted about my weight loss journey, it was right after Thanksgiving as I began the "stabilization" phase.  During the 6 week stabilization phase, you are asked to stay within 2 pounds of your current weight.  The first week went really well, but then the holidays kicked in and kicked my butt.

It's the sweets that kill me.  Wow, we had sweets.  It seemed as if Kentster received A LOT of chocolate tributes this year.  Let's just say that my "stabilization" wasn't very stable.  I've gained a total of 6 pounds, 4 pounds over my allowed weight :(  Not much more to say about it.  I did finally dispose of all the remaining chocolate, banishing it from our house.

I'm going to take the last couple weeks of stabilization to get rid of some of the weight and then get started in earnest again.  I'm trying to stay positive because that's been one of my biggest problems in the past - the "all or nothing" attitude that makes me a complete success or a total failure.  No failures this time, just setbacks and hopefully small ones.

Here's to staying positive in the New Year!

cindy

6 comments:

  1. Cindy, Keep up the good work! Falling off the wagon isn't what makes it a failure. It's not getting back on the wagon that is. Soon you will realize that those times of "falling off" will start to spread out and get fewer. After being diagnosed with PCOS, I had to drop some weight. Learning how to eat was key. Since June '10, I dropped and kept off 30 pounds by learning how to work with my body instead of fighting against it. I've also learned that instead of getting skinny, get healthy. This weight loss journey is not a sprint, it's a marathon. Just keep taking it one day at a time. Love you! Keep up the good work! Your niece, Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the sweets get me every time too! But I agree with the previous comment, it's ok to have a setback, and you are getting right back on it. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up that attitude of excitement and you'll go far! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree that staying positive can sometimes be the hardest part! Here's to staying positive in 2012, and working hard to enjoy the results of a healthy lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your last line sums it up... staying positive is SO important! We can't let ourselves get down anytime our number on the scale doesn't change or we struggle to pass up the sweets. Happy Fit Club-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweets really get to me too, sweets and pop. Keep going though! I'm joining you gals :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.