Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Adventures in Weight Stabilization

O.K., I had to change the name or I would end up with Part 125 of "New Adventures".  My HcG course (Phase 2) is over and I'm happy to say I lost 34 pounds!  I'm not done losing weight, but now I have to go through 6 weeks of "stabilization."  That involves staying within 2 pounds of my current weight (over or under) for the next 6 weeks.  This is where the real challenge begins.

The important part of stabilization is learning the basic formula for losing or maintaining weight (especially for those of us who struggle with the up and down parts).  That formula is simple - balance the number of calories consumed with the number of calories burned through exercise.  Simple enough, right?  Yeah, sure.  If that were the case, I would be a very rich woman because I could solve the biggest loser of a problem with a simple formula.  But it is just that simple.  Now I need to learn it.

The rules of this stage are no starches or sugar, keeping the fat intake relatively low (about 22 grams per day) and watching the glycemic values of certain fruits so I can stay away from things like bananas, grapes, raisins and a few others.  I need to keep the water intake up too.  I have to figure out how many calories I want to eat each day, in large part based on how much exercise I'm committed to doing.  I'm not a big exercise gal.

I'm excited and intimidated at the same time, but I'm also loving the fact that I'm in different clothes now and looking better.  Keep up the positive thoughts and prayers - it's going good so far!

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.