Monday, August 1, 2011

Have You Tried Pinterest?

I know a number of people have already blogged about Pinterest, but I can't help jumping on the bandwagon.  I LOVE Pinterest.  For the few of you who haven't heard about Pinterest, I should say right away that I'm not receiving any benefit from blogging about Pinterest.  I say that because I'm about to gush about it. 

Pinterest is an internet bulletin board you can use to "pin" any image you want to save.  You can save food recipes, clothing designs, home ideas or anything else with an image.  Have you ever been surfing the internet and found something you really liked or that inspired you to make something?  You might not care to bookmark the site because that just takes you to the website generally instead of the specific image.  Pinterest allows you to "pin" images (you can even use a widget offered by Pinterest) on boards you name.  Kate from Songs Kate Sang has 38 themed boards, including boards featuring specific colors, photo ideas, home organization, vintage, ideas for birthday parties, holidays, seasonal decorating and more.  I'm just getting started, but if you would like to see my boards, check them out here.

That's the other cool thing about Pinterest - you can see other people's boards (and repin images to your own board if you want).  Because the "pins" are all in images, it is a feast for the eyes to see what other people like.  It's also better than bookmarks because bookmarks identify websites and you may not remember what you saw on the website that was interesting to you.  It's functional while aesthetically pleasing at the same time!  Best of all, there is no cost associated with Pinterest.

Currently, Pinterest is an "invite only" site.  You can request an invite from me (or anyone else with a Pinterest account), or you can request one here directly from Pinterest.

Be inspired and get pinning!!

cindy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my site! I have been enjoying Pinterest! It is a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.