Wednesday, August 3, 2011

20 Years Ago Today . . .

August 3, 1991  St. Edmund Catholic Church  Oak Park, Illinois

I married the love of my life.  He's still the love of my life.  Although we don't look like this anymore,

 I still look at him the same way.  In fact, today I not only love him, but I respect him and admire him. 20 years is a long time. Life hasn't always been easy or kind, but it's been a blest life. So many blessing adorn our 20 years of marriage: two beautiful children, wonderful family and friends and a shared faith.   Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth                                Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide                 Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow             Blessings all mine and ten thousand beside                            Great is thy faithfulness,                                                     Great is thy faithfulness                                               Morning by morning new mercies I see                 All I have needed thy hand hath provided                  Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me


For I am persuaded that neither death no life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8: 38-39.


It's been a great ride . . . bring on the next 20 :)

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.