Friday, August 12, 2011

First Day of School

We just finished the first week of school.  Everyone survived and they even begrudgingly like their teachers.  We worked through new bedtime routines and by the end of the week the kids were in the groove, following their lists of things to do before bed.  Smooth as silk.

Every year we have a tradition of taking a picture of the kids on the first day of school.  We take the picture by the front door.  Here's the first picture, taken in 2006 (kindergarten and preschool)


2007: in first grade and preschool.  See how my Mister Man has grown?


2008: second grade and kindergarten - the Little Miss is starting to catch up!


2009:  third grade and first grade


2010:  fourth grade and second grade


Here are my big kids this week - fifth grade and third grade.  Can you believe these are the same kids?


The beginning of the school year is always so exciting.  Everything is new - new teachers, new clothes, new routine and new possibilities.  I'm praying for a good year where I can watch my kids continue to grow, not just physically but spiritually, intellectually and socially. 

As the Staples ad says:  "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.