Monday, January 27, 2014

Vegetable Overload!

One of the things my family bought for Christmas was a Ninja food processor. Thee weeks into the new year and it has claimed a permanent spot on our kitchen counter. We love breakfast green smoothies and I love it as the stand mixer I never had.

One of our family New Year's resolutions was to cook more and eat out less. We agreed we will only eat out on Saturday nights and we are going to cut out all of those fast food runs.

Combine all of these positive ideas and add a chance drive-by to a monthly farmers market and you get this:


But wait, there's more:

And, because we have a productive lemon tree in the backyard:


At the same time all of this was happening, I was reading about 40 meals in one day (or something like that).  Wow - I'm thrilled if I can get most of the week planned.  So, I decided to give all of this a try.  I hate waste - which is what happens to so much of the produce we buy at the grocery store - so I'm going to try to use or freeze it all.

Now do you wonder why I've been absent from this part of the blogosphere?

Stay tuned for my (mis)adventures with fruits and vegetables (and meal preparation in general).

cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.