Friday, March 1, 2013

Crochet Stash Buster Challenge

In addition to my crazy fabric stash, I have a healthy stash of yarn for crochet projects.  Like the fabric, I keep telling myself that I won't buy any more yarn until what I have gets used up.  Funny thing, I swear that yarn keeps multiplying because I keep seeing more bags from JoAnn and Michaels.

I recently found Linda's Crafty Corner and she (and many of her readers) are participating in a Stash Buster Challenge 2013.  The idea is pretty simple - sign up with her and commit to working through your stash during the year.  There are a lot of people already participating, and I am late to the game, as it started in January.  You start with a picture of the part of the stash you want to use.  You take a picture of that portion of your stash and work on getting rid of it (through projects, not Goodwill :).  After you complete a project, you link back up with her and she will feature it on her blog.

If you are interested in playing along, click on the picture below.  It will also appear in my sidebar during 2013 if you want to keep visiting.  As a bonus, Linda will follow your blog and put your blog button on her sidebar.


To get started, here is the stash I want to use.  As you can see, it's basically baby yarns in pastel colors.  I only put a sample of the yarns on the table to photograph; I have more skeins of each of these yarns.  I'm not exactly sure what I will be making, but it obviously will be for babies.  I hope to get my projects  into my Etsy store, Pretty Pretty Cindy.

Baby Yarns

Hopefully, I can wear down my entire stash through the year (ha ha, if you believe that).  I do expect to get on to other portions of my stash so I'm not making baby stuff all year long.

cindy

1 comment:

  1. Please make sure that there are baby blankets; I have another niece who is expecting in September and anticipate needing another super-soft baby blanket from you :) I am not sure if she is finding out the sex of the baby ahead of time, the last one I bought knew she was having a girl so the pink one was perfect! I will watch your Etsy store when I find out from my niece. Ann

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.