Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another Day in History

The Battle of Cowpens - I know more than I ever wanted to know.  Yes, it's another one of Christian's school projects.  We have done some book reports and a salt dough version of the State of Arizona (another project I will look forward to next year when Mackenzie is in 4th grade).  This time we did a model of a Revolutionary War battle.  We chose the Battle of Cowpens because it was the battle we could find on the internet with a schematic.  I have to admit it was interesting, but that's because I like history.  I'm also proud of this model.


It's not easy to see, but the red and blue sticks represent British and Colonial armies.  The trees are made of cotton balls dyed green on brown sticks and the movements of the armies are shown in arrows.  Yeah, I did  some a lot most of the work.  Christian helped paint the sticks, made the cotton ball trees and mixed a bit of salt dough.  I don't remember having to do so many of these projects when I was in elementary school.  Maybe I do them because I love crafty things and I'm challenged.  Now that it's done, I wish I could have spent the weekend doing something else.  Actually, I'm just happy it's done.

Bring on Arizona in salt dough!

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.