Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lilies in Indiana

Last month when we attended a conference in Louisville, Kentucky, we spent an evening on the other side of the Ohio River in Clarksville, Indiana. There we visited Falls of the Ohio, a lovely state park.  Thanks to the wonderful ladies of Clarksville's Daylily Club, I saw a garden full of different kinds of daylilies.


I love daylilies from years of living in Illinois.  Unfortunately, they don't grow well in Arizona, so I really miss them.  I used my cell phone to take these pictures and because many of the plants were already spent, I took the pictures close-up.


Aren't they gorgeous? 

I couldn't stop taking pictures of each variety, so many that I won't be able to post them all here.  I had planned to write an entry about these lilies, but never got around to it.


When I heard about the tragedy at the Indiana State Fair this past week, it made me think about our trip and these beautiful lilies from Clarksville.


I thought it might be appropriate to remember the people who lost their lives and were injured last weekend.  Lilies are a sign of resurrection and I'm praying those who died as well as those who are still suffering might find renewal in God's creation.


Isn't that why God gives us beauty in this life?  To remind us there is more than just existing?


May God grant them peace.

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.