Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June Project List Update


We're more than halfway through June, so I thought I should make myself accountable and check on that June project list.  As of today it looks like this:

1.  Finish the baby rag quilt/lovies.
2.  Open my Etsy store
3.  Make two dresses for my daughter
4.  Make a headband
5.  Finish the two step afghan
6.  Finish the checker afghan.
7.  Make a pincushion
8.  Finish the craft room
9.  Scrapbook enough pages to get my kids to age 3 (they are 9 and 11 now)
10. Make a new rag quilt

Hmmm, about 40% done.  Now this is the point I rationalize.  I did finish the baby rag quilt (which I will post about soon), but I didn't make any loves.  I did make one dress for Mackenzie (which I will post about soon), but didn't start another.  I did, however, make two other dresses for other kids (which I will post about soon), so if I don't get another dress for Mackenzie before the end of the month, I'm going to count those.  I'm sooo close to opening the Etsy store (Pretty Pretty Cindy), I just need to give my photographer a little time to take pictures.  The "two step" afghan is the never-ending-project, but I am seeing light at the end of that tunnel.  Pincushion?  Scrapbook?  New rag quilt?  Ummm, looking dim.

I do like going through this exercise because it brings some sense to my creative wanderlust.  Yes, there is some method to my madness.  Let's see how much I can cram in finish before July.

On a side note, I started a new little blog on Tumblr.  It's called Just a DIY Junkie and you can find it HERE.  It's a blog where I compile the awesome DIY blogs I have discovered into lists and categories.  I already have a post about quilting tutorials, so if you want to find the best blogs for quilting tutorials, head over to Just a DIY Junkie and check them out.

Stay cool in the summer heat!

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.