Sunday, May 20, 2012

Decorated Craft Room Pails

I'm still finishing up my new craft room, but I'm already enjoying it.  It's the most "me" room in the entire house - my own little retreat.  I needed a bit more storage for some little things I use by the sewing machine, and I found these adorable tin pails at Target - $1.00!  I also found this "HOME" wooden accent at - wait for it - Big Lots!  They have a whole Americana line of decorative items.  I need to go back and revisit them.

Anyway, back to the tin pails.  I bought some red acrylic paint and stencils and put the words I needed on the pails.  The acrylic actually works pretty well on the metal.


Hey, that word on the pail is "button".  (I don't know what you were thinking.)  I had to wait a long time for the paint to dry on each letter, but I loved the effect.  Also, I had to make sure to tape the stencil on the pail before stenciling because of the curve.

I haven't figured out what to do with all of them yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.  I have just a few more things to take care of in this craft room.  My next big project will be taking an armoire and turning it into a scrapbook station.  Then I need to find someone that can hang the TV on the wall.  Then I'll be done with my new craft room.

I can't wait to show it!


cindy

1 comment:

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.