Saturday, October 8, 2011

New Adventures

This isn't my comfort zone, but I'm going to give this a try.  I am about to start a new adventure in weight loss.  Those who know me "in person" know I've struggled with my weight all my life.  I've been on the roller coaster - up/down up/down - more times than I care to admit.  This time around I'm trying with HcG injections and a very restricted calorie diet.  I'm not going to get into how this works - you can read it on the internet.  I will say this - I'm not drinking the kool aid on the theories behind it.  I'm sure it works because let's be honest - if you're eating 500 calories a day you WILL lose weight.  If HcG helps me do that without going insane, it works for me.

Yesterday I had my first B12 injection - OUCH!!  My arm is still smarting.  My doctor said it was like a flaming golf ball rolling down your arm to the elbow and I think that's a pretty good description.  This morning I had my initial lab work done and took my first self-injected HcG.  The self injection part wasn't bad at all.  I used heparin during both of my pregnancies and this was much easier.

Today was day 1 of Phase 1.  Let the craziness begin.  For the next two days, I must GORGE myself.  We're talking 4000 calories (yes, that was four thousand) more than I normally eat.  This is like the mother of all binges.  I'm saying this with a smile as I eat the first of two McDonalds bacon egg and cheese biscuits with a carmel frappachino venti from Starbucks.  I'm going to have fun with this until the stark reality of Monday morning hits with 500 calories a day (Phase 2).

I'm told one of the early side effects is irritability.  Yah think??  Two days of fatty, sugary excess followed by at least 6 weeks of 500 calories a day without sugar or starches doesn't sound like a recipe for giddiness.  Anyway, I'm committed to this and I am pretty good at keeping commitments once I make them.

I'm not changing the focus of this blog to a weight loss forum.  I'm still primarily interested in family and crafts.  However, I will engage in a little self-indulgence now and then by describing this new adventure and hopefully reporting some progress.  I appreciate those of you who send some positive thoughts my way during this journey.

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.