Saturday, February 2, 2013

Feed the Love - Valentine Desserts

Food is the ultimate aphrodisiac.  I can't decide whether looking at beautiful desserts or eating beautiful desserts is better.  I do like sugar.  I went looking for the most beautiful, yummy desserts for your Valentine's Day.  Some look easy to make, some not so much.  Of course, I have neither made nor tasted any of these desserts.  (But I might sometime!)  Here are the 10 I chose, in no particular order:

1.  Pomegranate Pana Cotta.  Pomegranates are supposed to be great aphrodisiacs, but I just like the way this one looks.




2. Valentine Cookies.  Fancy looking without too much effort.


3.  Bittersweet Chocolate Pudding with Raspberries - There is something beautiful about rich browns and deep raspberry colors.  You could always make this with instant chocolate pudding mix, raspberries and some shaved white chocolate, but I bet it wouldn't taste anything like this :)

Source: myrecipes.com via Cindy on Pinterest

4. Coeurs a la Creme - If you're a foodie, give it your best shot. Otherwise, just look at the pretty picture.

5. Strawberry "oreo" cookies - These aren't Oreos. The only Oreo about them is that they are a sandwich cookie. Not too hard to make, but I'm just not convinced they are worth the effort when they don't present well.


6. Carmel-Dark Chocolate Truffles with Fleur de Sel - Gorgeous, aren't they? You can click through to the recipe, but I would suggest leaving this one to the professionals.



7.  Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tart - Now we're talking!


8. Watermelon Hearts - This is pretty, easy and light, but is that really the message you want to convey on Valentine's Day?

9. Mini St(raw)berry Cheesecakes - If you like gluten free, dairy free, peanut free, egg free and more, give it a go to make other ingredients taste like all the above.  Me - I just love the picture, and it makes me want to go to the gluten/dairy/peanut/egg laden Cheesecake Factory.



10. Valentine Cake - Yes ma'am. This is stunning and really says Happy Valentine's Day. It looks pretty easy to make, but don't look at the recipe which will convince you otherwise.
I don't know about you, but I'm hungry (and I feel the need to turn on some romantic music). If I've learned anything from this, it's that the presentation is the thing. So I'll just be content to look, and either I'll save the calories or my husband will have to bring some beautiful dessert home.

 Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.