Monday, January 16, 2012

Movie Review - The Adventures of Tintin

We saw The Adventures of Tintin today with the kids.  First of all, Tintin is not the dog :)



 It one of those rare movies that appeals to both adults and kids.  Like every movie out today, it was in 3D.  They didn't use it for cheap tricks, but it did enhance the animation.  The animation was just beautiful.  It was reminicent of The Polar Express in that the characters looked almost life like.


It was a great adventure for both kids and adults.  Kids will enjoy the comedy and fast action, while adults will enjoy the mystery.  It reminded me a lot of Raiders of the Lost Ark, so the action is a bit fantastic.  Both my husband and I commented on that, but didn't think of the connection between the two movies in that they were both directed by Steven Spielberg.  


I also didn't know when I went to the movie was that it is based on a comic book series from the Belgian artist Herge.  Tintin first appeared in 1929 and had popular exciting adventures.


This movie was only one of the adventures, and based on the ending, there will be more.  Don't get me wrong, the movie did not leave you hanging at the end, but you could definitely believe where more adventures could be in the future.  Let's hope Mr. Spielberg believes too.

cindy


2 comments:

  1. That's funny, I always thought Tintin was the dog! I know my best friend took her kids, and they really enjoyed it also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking Nate with your family. You guys are awesome friends.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.