Sunday, February 16, 2014

Loving the Lego Movie

I know I'm a little late to the game on this one, but we saw The Lego Movie tonight with our kids (almost 11 and 13).  I thought it might be a little childish for them, but it definitely was not!


I expected a huge number of commercials before the movie and my expectations were more than met in that area.  Instead of trailers there were actual commercials - lots and lots of commercials.  Boy, I thought, this is going to be one dumb movie.  Try not to fall asleep.

I was surprised.  The dialogue was witty and the characters and plot were engaging.  I honestly couldn't see where the film was headed which was unusual because the plot seemed simple enough.  The movie kept me guessing through to the end and I couldn't even go to the bathroom because I didn't want to miss anything.

It was absolutely commercial and I bet Lego sales will shoot up.  Even my kids mentioned they wanted to go home and play Legos and I didn't know they owned any.  My husband mused that the movie should have come out right before Christmas.  Three things I learned:

1.  Everything is awesome.
2.  Even a 2 hour commercial for a toy can be fun and entertaining; and
3.  Lego Land is the home of "Kragle"

Thanks, Lego Movie, for a great family night out on a holiday weekend.

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.