Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Old School

Last weekend I visited my Alma Mater where I met my wonderful husband:


The University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana is a large sprawling campus that is gorgeous at any time of year (yes, even in the winter).  We were so blest last weekend to have a perfect autumn day to walk the campus.




We walked around campus with my Arizona family, including our kids.  It felt strange to be there with the kids, but they enjoyed it.


On a campus this old, time seems to stand still.  The same stately buildings where we (mostly) studied look exactly the same.




There are so many memories floating around that place, and I felt wistful thinking about the time I was there and the friends I met (especially my husband).  I realized I am living the life I could only dream about when I was there.

Then I remembered trudging across the frozen tundra in -25 degree wind chill on the January night I met my husband and reminded myself why we live in Arizona :)

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.