Search This Blog


Thursday, April 19, 2012

Black Slip Dress

I'm trying to make some dresses for Mackenzie and here was my first for the spring/summer:

It was very easy - just two pieces with a facing.  A-line dresses are very flattering for most figures.

We were working on a little modeling of the dress until her foot was scratched.  The photo shoot abruptly ended.

I did have one problem with this dress, but I'm proud of the save.  I made a mistake on the shoulders and ended up sewing each of the four straps closed.  I decided to sew them closed and put decorative buttons on them.

I originally intended to use this fabric for myself, but I like it better in this little slip dress.