Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 6 Great American Family Road Trip - Grand Tetons

There are few vacations where you can really get away from civilization anymore, but evidently we found one - the vast expanses of the West.  That comes with a price - being off the information highway.  We've been "off the grid" for five days now so I've been unable to keep up my little travelogue in real time.  I'll pick up where I left off and see if I can't catch up a little.

Going north from Jackson Hole, Wyoming, it's easy to focus on the ultimate destination of Yellowstone National Park.  However, there are a couple of things standing in your way - the Grand Tetons.  We were surprised to find they had a beauty all their own.


We stamped our National Park passports in the Visitor's Center and heard a talk about bear safety.  Short story - don't run from a bear, yell while you make yourself look really big, and if the bear attacks, curl up in the fetal position.  Got it?  Good.

It's hard to take a bad picture in this part of the country and hard to put words to those pictures, so I'll just give you the view of the Grand Tetons on the way to Yellowstone:





Not much more to say . . .

cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one, so please let me know what you're thinking.