Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies


Thanksgiving is sneaking up on us - again.  Last year it was almost on me before I wrote this post, so I'm going to repeat it earlier so you actually might get a chance to make these for Thanksgiving.  There is one important change from last year.  My dear friend Kate who took all these photos has finally opened her own business.  It's so new I'm not even sure she has announced the name of her business just yet.  In the meantime, she does have a website where you can see her work - Songs Kate Sang.

I love doing DIYs, but the best DIYs have pictures.  I'm going one step further here, and doing this DIY with JUST PICTURES.  Kate is an amazing photographer with a great eye and we had a wonderful time making these with our girls.  Enough words - on with the directions:

Step 1:



Step 2:


Step 3:


Step 4:


Step 5:


Step 6:


Step 7:


Step 8:


TAA DAAA!


Turkeys quickly multiply . . .


until they are a flock!



BTW, you can use either the chocolate covered cherries or mint drops for the body.

Thanks Katie!  The photos are amazing - you make my kitchen look good!

cindy