Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Yes, I know I am late to the game, but I want to wish everyone a belated Father's Day.  One of the main reasons I didn't post this sooner was because I didn't want my husband to see his gift online (he actually reads my blog - at least sometimes!)  Last year, one of my first posts was about my dad, who would be 90 this year.  He's been gone for 28 years now and I still miss him.  Somehow, I don't think he would like 90 though.

Every year Kent laments that because Father's Day falls in June, he doesn't get the cool personalized stuff that the kids give me for Mother's Day (because they make them at school).  He has a point, so this year I tried to get the kids to work with me to make something that would express how they feel about their dad.  I also wanted something he could put on the wall and see all the time.  This is what we made:


It's drawn on stretched canvas.  The words which make up the bigger word "DAD" are words my kids used to describe their dad.


Kent's favorite is "Good Cleaner" while mine is "Comes up with money for vacations".  It was so easy to make, but it's a keeper.  Although I don't think the project needs much instruction, I used alternating colored markers on the stretch canvas.  I outlined the letters for DAD and then wrote the words to make the shape.  I made sure the kids wrote their own names and put the occasion and date on the bottom.  (I hate when you find things made by kids, but don't know what year it was.)

We had a great day with Dad and Kent's parents.  Christian and Mackenzie love their Dad and so do I.

cindy