Sunday, December 4, 2011

Phoenix Scrapbook Cottage

Wow - I'm so stoked!  I had the BEST day yesterday at the Phoenix Scrapbook Cottage.  I was joined by my dear friend, Katie, from Songs Kate Sang.  Located in a historic neighborhood near downtown Phoenix, this house is a perfect example of a 100 year old craftsman house.  It's BIG.  It's over 3500 square feet, with beautiful wood floors.  There are 15 craft stations, each one with a six foot table, cutting mat, Ott light and electric access:


There's equipment too!  A Cricut machine (although I have to admit I didn't know how to use it), a 12x12 printer and computer.

There's also a huge vintage china cabinet, stocked with lots of stamps, letters, brads, scissors and paper.  Here's a picture of how it looks while we were ransacking that cabinet:


Katie and I were really lucky to have the whole house to ourselves, although I don't know why.  This place is a gem and would be filled every weekend if Phoenix scrappers knew about this treasure.  We took advantage and spread out.  We used five tables:



This last one was where we were working :)  We were there from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., which is a day crop.  They also have weekends available and you can rent out the entire house for a weekend for you and your closest 14 friends.  Here's what the bedrooms look like:


and the fully equipped kitchen


Can you tell I like this place?  If you want to see more, check them out at Facebook.  I also have to say that Kacy and Bonnie, the owners, did not ask me to blog about the Phoenix Scrapbook Cottage or provide any compensation whatsoever for my comments.  I just think people should know about this place ('cuz that's the kind of generous person I am for other scrappers).  I was so inspired because I haven't scrapped in so long (I'm working on 2003), I'm going to start "Scrapbook Saturday" showing one page a week from my scrapbooks and maybe others!  If you have a scrapbook page you would like to feature, let me know.

cindy